Improving FreeBSD's hardware compatibility

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Jul 24 16:07:38 UTC 2006

Intron <mag at intron.ac> wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Intron wrote:
 > > > Do you believe that current Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP can process
 > > > analog TV in full frame size and full frame rate (no larger than 767x575,
 > > > 25 FPS, either of NTSC/PAL/SECAM) freely?
 > >
 > > My 7-years old Pentium-II can do that.
 >
 > Really?

Yes.  It has an old bt848 PCI card and is perfectly capable
of receiving analog TV.

Best regards
   Oliver

"IRIX is about as stable as a one-legged drunk with hypothermia
in a four-hundred mile per hour wind, balancing on a banana
peel on a greased cookie sheet -- when someone throws him an
elephant with bad breath and a worse temper."
        -- Ralf Hildebrandt