Improving FreeBSD's hardware compatibility

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 20 18:12:30 UTC 2006

Intron wrote this message on Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 19:25 +0800:
> On the other hand, so many hardware vendors (especially some small
> enterprises, which are eager to obtain software support)
> have publicized data sheets of their integrated circuit products,
> but so few people would write hardware driver for FreeBSD.

I haven't seen this.  The only case that I can think of is due to
developers not having the hardware, or a need to use said hardware,
so nothing happens...

Do you have a list of hardware that has documntation available that
needs device drivers to be written?

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579