USB Mouse

Ralph Ellis ralphellis1 at netscape.ca
Wed Jul 19 04:27:38 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 18:28, you wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 06:04:49PM -0400, Ralph Ellis wrote:
> > I have a laptop with a touch pad and I would like to use my wireless USB
> > mouse either at the same time as the touch pad or instead of the touch
> > pad. I'm sure that this topic has been covered before but I have not been
> > able to find clear information in the documentation about this. If anyone
> > could point me to the appropriate documentation or mailing list archive,
> > I would be happy to do a little reading.
>
> Just plug it in and they should both work as long as you are running
> moused.
>
> -- Brooks

As I get further into the documentation, I should be seeing a /dev/usm0 or
other numbered device in my /dev folder. When my system boots up, it sees the
mouse as /dev/uhid0 but moused will not recognize the mouse when I type
moused -p /dev/uhid0 -t auto
Do I need to create a usm0 device and link it somehow or is this just a case
of faulty hardware detection?
The touch pad mouse works just fine.
Thanks
Ralph Ellis