xorg 6.9.0 with ATI X850 Pro, stuck in low resolution, no 1280x1024 possible

Andreas Klemm andreas at freebsd.org
Sun Jan 29 03:30:10 PST 2006

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 08:45:14PM +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-Jan-29 10:04:32 +0100, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> >Installed now 6.9 completely new but no change. Stuck in
> >VGA alike resolution :-//
>
> The log is reporting two monitors.  The problem seems to be that
> when it tries to merge them, it winds up using default refresh rates
> which means it can only run in VGA mode.

I only have one monitor connected on the digital port.
What strikes me most is that it ran one time successfully and then
not anymore ;-)

Sometimes when doing Xorg -configure sometimes the whole machine hangs.

> Suggestions:
> 1) Try disabling one of the monitors or

see above.

> 2) Add a second Monitor section describing the builtin LCD  panel.

which "builtin" panel ? confused about this point.

> 3) Explicitly specify the horizontal/vertical sync rates (copy the ones
>    reported by DDC into your xorg.conf file).
> 4) Disable MergeFB

Will try the last 2 suggestions.

Can u give me a configuration hint how to disable MergeFB ?

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 6
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/