DVD packet writing query
tim at spyderweb.com.au
Thu Jan 26 18:43:15 PST 2006
I have a project I've been working on for a while, and unfortunately,
I've just been handed a new specification for it.
I am capturing and encoding video on a FreeBSD 5.4 box using a
combination of ffmpeg, dvdauthor, growisofs, and a few miscellaneous
scripts to handle the encoding, however, the show-stopper is that the
change in spec requires me to be able to write the authored video on the
fly, and only have the final session close once the recording is
complete. Similar to the Sony standalone DVD recorders.
From the research that I have done, it seems like I need something like
the following sequence....
1. capture video from camera in 5 minute blocks
2. encode video to DVD format VOB files
3. author using something like "dvdauthor -o - input_x.vob | growisofs
-Z /dev/cd0 -"
4. repeat until capture length is achieved
5. then use "dvdauthor -o - -T |growisofs -Z /dev/cd0 " to finalise the
6. spit out the disk ready for use in a standalone DVD player.
I know this is over simplified, but it should be enough to get the idea.
If the solution required custom development, I'm prepared to pay a
reasonable fee for someone to do it for me as it's become quite urgent
to be completed
Tim Aslat <tim at spyderweb.com.au>
Phone: +61 8 84193434
Mobile: +61 0401088479
More information about the freebsd-hardware