Dlink DWL-G520+

Roman Dewald romad at gmx.de
Sun Jan 8 12:12:56 PST 2006

Hi,

which driver have you converted? Did you use the Windows XP driver from
the supplied CD? I had had problems with all drivers except the Windows
XP driver.
I run FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE and did noticed any problem with unstable
connection.
I think the unstable connection may have following reason:
You did not used the Windows XP driver for the conversion

As for the connection speed I suggest you to check this:
a) Configuration of the pf. Checker whether traffic shapping at your pf
configuration is enabled.
b)Check  the configuration of your AP

If it is possible I will suggest you to try the WLAN connection under
Windows in order to determine that your hardware (card + AP) works
correctly. If it works ok, I will suggest you to disable the firewall
and try to establish a connection without the firewall.

Regards,

Roman