Good network card?

Daniel A. alive at dienub.org
Tue Aug 22 19:03:02 UTC 2006

Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Daniel A. wrote:
>> Considering that I am quite poor - What PCI ethernet cards should I
>> buy for my server? And could you suggest a cheap motherboard which
>> isn't bad too?
>
> Cheap and good rarely go together. If you want a good network card, i
> recommend an Intel Pro 100 or 1000.

Well, there have been cases of cheap hardware being reliable. As far as
I'm concerned, Seagate makes some serious bang for the buck (In the case
of hard drives, of course), and they are in the lower price range of
drives over here in Denmark.

I was wondering if there was any analogy in the world of network cards.
But Intel Pro sounds like something I'd like to have.

Thanks for your answer :)