Remote keyboard on Dell DRAC 5 and FreeBSD 6.1

Sam Eaton sam at fqdn.net
Tue Aug 22 15:00:37 UTC 2006

I'm testing a Dell 1950, with a DRAC 5 remote access card in it.

The DRAC card mostly works fine, and allows me access to the keyboard
remotely during boot, but stops working after the kernel is loaded.

A locally attached USB keyboard works fine (the server doesn't have a
PS/2 connector at all).

I've read the archives, and I don't think I'm alone in having issues
with this, but I've not been able to find a solution so far.

I can see that the DRAC keyboard is detected, and that kbdmux appears to
be working, but nothing actually gets through from the DRAC keyboard.

I've had a bit of a fiddle with things like the atkbd driver hints from
the boot loader, but I'm not getting any joy.

Anyone got one of these working, or got any suggestions for extra
debugging I can do to help someone help me solve this?

Sam.
--
"Fortified with Essential Bitterness and Sarcasm"
    Matt Groening, "Binky's Guide to Love".