Quiet computer

Patrick Proniewski patpro at patpro.net
Sun Aug 20 07:22:19 UTC 2006

On 20 août 06, at 08:36, David King wrote:

>> You really need 2 cores then?
>
> Well, my 350 mhz machine *was* going to be replaced by a quad
> 700mhz machine that I picked up for cheap (for sale now, if anyone
> is interested), but my home office is now occupied by a long-term
> guest that isn't willing to deal with the quite loud sound that it
> produces. 4x700 is certainly way more than I need, but I couldn't
> pass it up at the price-point.
../..
> Any other ideas?

You might want to take a look at Intel's roadmap. In the yonah
family, Intel is about to release (if not done already) 2 very low
Watt dual core processors : http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?
newsid=3380
You can find some motherboards for the yonah now, and it's likely
that people making silent PC with Pentium M will release silent PC
with Yonah.

patpro