Unable to get RealTek 8139C+ to work with re(4) under FreeBSD 6.1

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Thu Aug 17 06:06:30 UTC 2006

On 08/16/06 20:37 Pyun YongHyeon said the following:
> If the media is set to 'none' you couldn't send anything from re(4) as
> recent changes checks whether the link is present(Receiver should work).

ifconfig re0 media 10baset or 100baset always returns error, so there
doesn't seem to be anyway of forcing the media type.

> Does old(working) version also show 'none' for media?
> Do you use manual media configuration instead of 'auto'?

i never got re(4) working, and the patch i'm currently using forces the use
of rl(4) instead of using re(4). using rl(4) still shows media as none, but
it works the way it should with packets going in and out. i've yet to try
dag-erling's suggestion of disabling rx and tx checksums. i'll also try
with the patch you sent it to see if that works.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/