SoundBlaster AWE 64

Heinz Suez malagana15 at yahoo.es
Fri Nov 11 11:06:53 PST 2005

Hi,

I haven't been able to install my SoundBlaster AWE 64 ISA PNP card in FreeBSD 5.4. I add snd_sbc_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf, the system loads the kernel module, the cards shows in dmesg as sbc0: <SoundBlaster AWE 64> ...everything goes well but when doing "cat /dev/sndstat" no device shows up and no /dev/dsp and no sound device nodes exists. I have tried with an ISA ESS 1868 card that uses the same driver (snd_sbc) but is the same issue, with both cards i get a sbc0 in dmesg but no pcm0 as listed in some sites i found around the net that shows the AWE64 installed.
I also tried with a SoundBlaster Live PCI and worked just fine, it seems that something is wrong with ISA cards or the snd_sbc driver.
I can't compile a single kernel cause my hdd is so small and can't even install the kernel sources so i can't add sound support statically in the kernel.

Need a little help please.