FreeBSD 5.4/6.0 on Virtual PC 7?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Thu Nov 10 12:48:05 PST 2005

David Paul Zimmerman wrote:
> Hi, all.  Both FreeBSD 5.4 and 6.0 are giving me strange behavior when

I think you'r right, you don't have a hardware issue there (despite
this being on hardware@) but have hit a difference between 4.x &
5.x CDROMs.  (A difference between El Torito & not as I recall,
they changed between 4 & 5 to match the modern drift of BIOS boot
methodology)  Maybe searching "man boot" & searching El Torito method
on freebsd.org web search box will bring you more.   Good Luck

--
Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii, HTML=spam.     Ihr Rauch = meine allergischen Kopfschmerzen.