macally or prolific tech usb2 enclosure on 5.x?

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Fri Nov 4 19:01:43 PST 2005

Hello,
I'm looking in to the purchase of a drive enclosure a usb2 one for freebsd
5.x. I've got two candidates one manufactured by Macally model number
phr-100ac, the other a Prolific Technology model number ST31023 both have
been reviewed good by friends of mine. The problem is i've not had great
success with usb2 drive enclosures, a newbox is coming with usb2 and i'd
like to get one for data transport. If anyone has any experience with either
of these enclosures or could recommend one i'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Dave.