skc0: unknown media type: 0x0

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Wed Nov 2 06:16:44 PST 2005

Mikhail Teterin wrote:

>Hello!
>
>After another reboot, I started getting the message in subject and thus
>have lost my network connection.
>
>The card used to be identified as:
>
>	sk0: <Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. Yukon> on skc0

What do you have in /etc/rc.conf especially regarding ifconfig_sk0?  A
bad change there could easily results in the problem not showing up
until a reboot.

--Alex

PS I've redirected to hardware, though questions would probably have
been best.  Cross posting is not encouraged and this does not appear to
be a hackers issue (at least not until you've eliminated much likelier
errors).