Compaq R3000Z

Matt Hewitt rudefyet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 22:38:24 PST 2005

This is a cry for help.

I own a compaq r3000z laptop...AMD Athlon XP-M....the laptop just
powers off when trying to boot the install cd

from my understanding there have been recent patches included in the
5.4 Beta 1 release of FreeBSD for x86_64...but these patches have
failed to make it into the x86 (32 bit) release, because the install
disk still fails to boot

I just wanted to inform the devs that not all of these laptops come
with 64 bit cpus, and it would be nice if they would include the
patches so 32 bit users like me could sucessly install FreeBSD

Any other tips would be welcome, I'm pulling my hair out trying
different Linux distros....but i just want my FreeBSD

Thanks,
Matt Hewitt