Netgear WG311T wlan card with Atheros chipset doesnt work

Daniel Hyde daniel.hyde at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:10:53 PST 2005

I've also got one of these cards at home and have brought it up
successfully before using the ath driver on my 5.3-release system
(although my last few attempts failed, but possibly the AP/router was
playing up --- I've noticed it does this sometimes).

I don't boot into bsd at home much though, since I mostly use that
system for gaming, so it's been a while since I've even tried to bring
this card up, and I don't actually remember what I needed to do (but I
was reading from the handbook, so theoretically it's all in there).
But I *have* succeeded with the ath driver on a couple of occasions.

I haven't managed to bring it up using DHCP though, nor could I bring
up sk0 for my ethernet card using DHCP (although both lan and wireless
work with DHCP in Windows).