Netgear WG311T wlan card with Atheros chipset doesnt work

Lukas Razik lukas at razik.de
Wed Mar 9 04:28:46 PST 2005

Hi!!!

I've bought a Netgear WG311T wlan card with an Atheros chipset (not that one with Texas Instruments chipset) _especially_ for my VIA EPIA VE5000 baord which works very good with 5.3-RELEASE after having many problems with prism54 cards and FreeBSD on other systems in the past...

But after loading the if_ath kernel module nothing happens...
There's no new device and 'pciconf -lv' only lists that:
none1 at pci0:20:0:	class=0x820000 card=0xcd001385 chip=0x8013168c rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
                                vendor   = 'Atheros Communications Inc.'

I thought that it _must_ work because under Windows SiSoft Sandra listed that it has an Atheros AR5212 chip...
Now I've looked at the card and it's an AR5213A.

Is it possible to get it work under FreeBSD? Maybe CURRENT???

Regards,
Lukas