HP Prolaint DL380R G4 Sever, NIC NC7782 Support

Olaf Hoyer ohoyer at ohoyer.de
Tue Mar 8 20:31:34 GMT 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Fretz Marco wrote:

> hello
>
> is there any support for the nic (NC7782 dual port gigabit nic) that is integrated in the hp prolaint DL380R Server machine for FreeBSD 5.3 or 4.10?
>
> pls answer me directly to marco.fretz at kyberna.com. im not suscribed to this list...

The NC7782 ist Broadcom based, quote:

Broadcom 5704 dual port silicon

so there is lots of hope that also the PCI ID is already present in the
bge(4) driver. As the DL380 is one of the most often ordered 2U-box in
the industry (at least thats what HP claims in marketspeak) there should
have been already some complaints about that- I only have some DL380G3
sitting around, where FBSD pre-4.10 worked like a charme...

HTH
Olaf

Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer at ohoyer.de
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,
ob der, welcher sie erlebt, nicht etwas Fuerchterliches ist.
(Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Boese)