New D-Link DFE-530TX+ Chipset?

Mike Schroll FreeBSD at LogicX.us
Sun Jul 3 23:01:17 GMT 2005

I have a new dedicated box from a provider, running FreeBSD 5.4-AMD64,
and they claim they've put a D-Link DFE-530TX+ card in the machine.  It
is not recognized in the generic kernel, and infact, pciconf -v -l shows:

none4 at pci2:3:0: class=0x020000 card=0x03011186 chip=0x03001186 rev=0x10
hdr=0x00
   vendor    = 'D-Link System Inc'
   class       = network
   subclass  = ethernet

This card value -- 0301 does not match what the card should be -- 1300,
nor does it match any other D-link card known in FreeBSD.  Is this
potentially a new chipset/version of this card? or just an entirely
different D-Link card that is not yet known and recognized.

What can I do to try this out, or otherwise provide further information
concerning this hardware to the proper people?

Thanks
-Mike Schroll

--
Applied Networking System Administration Major
Rochester Institute of Technology

Information Sciences and Technology Major
Penn State University
University Park, PA

FreeBSD at LogicX.us
AIM: L0g1cX