Problem with FastTrak S150 SX4-M

Dave Myron lists at orangechicken.com
Sun Jan 30 00:44:18 PST 2005

Thats a known problem, its partly fixed in -current, the real fix is in the
works. Try to take /sys/dev/ata from a fresh -current and let me know if
that helps you.

------------------------------------- 8<
-------------------------------------

I found Doug Ambrisko's ata patch (at
http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/ata/ata_stable_sata_8.patch) but I don't know
how to patch it properly. Three files seem to be missing from my 5.3-Release
installation: sys/dev/ata/atapi-all.c, sys/isa/sio.c, and
sys/kern/subr_diskslice.c

Are those files not in 5.3 and only in 6.0-Current? I imagine that I can't
just apply the patch anyway - but please let me know if I'm mistaken.

Any ideas to help me out are immensely appreciated! I need to get to the
backups on these disks and blah blah blah

Dave