Problems with 4.10 Release and "supported" hardware

Jeff Soule jsoule at webcrossing.com
Fri Feb 11 08:23:00 PST 2005

Greetings!

I find myself suddenly unable to install 4.10 release on a hardware
configuration that I have been using for some time now.  The RAID array
is not recognized so installation can't proceed beyond the initial
screen :-(

The hardware in question is a Supermicro X5DPR-TG2+ motherboard and a
3Ware 9500S-4 controller.  This same 3ware card works on another
supermicro motherboard, and the motherboard that does not work has not
changed in some time.  We even back revved the bios on the motherboard
with no joy.  The latest 3ware card does have some new features that
the previous version did not have.  battery backup and an updated bios.
  The motherboard that does work has the same chip-set, but the bus
speed is PC100 rather then PC133.

Ideas and or help?

Thanks!

BTW: if there is a better list for this kind of question, please direct
me. :-)

/Jeff