Gigabit NIC recommendation

Josh Tolbert hemi at puresimplicity.net
Tue Feb 8 14:46:58 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 02:39:22PM -0800, Samuel Clements wrote:
> I like the Intel PRO/1000 cards. They come in a wide variety of buses
> and interfaces and you can get the 64bit cards for sub $60US if you look
> hard. The 32bit cards will work for you as well in the 64bit slots, so
> if budget is that tight, you can go for one of the 32bit cards for the
> $45US range. The 64bit cards will yield greater performance, but you
> need the system horsepower to use it.
>   -Sam

Another vote for the Intel Pro/1000 line. I have several of them in service
here at home and at work with no problems whatsoever.

Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
hemi at puresimplicity.net  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

If your sysadmin's not being fascist, you're paying him too much.
   --Sam Greenfield