which motherboard?

Jiri Novak bati at nostromo.cz
Fri Feb 4 02:43:12 PST 2005

Hello list!
I've posted a question about choosing motherboard for FreeBSD server,
with no answer (actually I did get an answer from bsdsystems.com guys,
but it would be little overkill to buy server overseas :), so I
continued to choose, and here are my candidates:
TYAN Thunder K8SPro
MSI K8D Master3-133
both seem to have same chipset by AMD, same SiI3114 SATA controller and
same Broadcom BCM5704C gigabit network card, which should be fairly
supported by FreeBSD (at least hardware notes says so).
Now, my question is - do somebody have any of these boards? Any troubles
wit them? Anybody can recomend better motherboard for a dual opteron server?

TIA!
--
    Jiri Novak
<bati at nostromo.cz>