Compaq Smart Array 4200 controller question

Matthew N. Dodd mdodd at FreeBSD.ORG
Thu Feb 3 08:18:13 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Andrew Heyn wrote:
> Now that its confirmed that it's a firmware crash...  What can I do
> about this? Could it be the driver?

I don't see how it could be the driver (feel free to prove me wrong
though).

It would be interesting to use the CMD_SENSE_DRV_STATUS command and see if
any of the error counters are increasing.

> or the drives giving an unexpected response? Can HP/Compaq help me?

I'm guessing they'd tell you to use Compaq drives.

--
10 40 80 C0 00 FF FF FF FF C0 00 00 00 00 10 AA AA 03 00 00 00 08 00