Dual Layer DVD Writing

Neal Nelson nealie at kobudo.homeunix.net
Thu Feb 3 08:13:58 PST 2005

Does anyone know how to write to a dual layer DVD?

growisofs just complains that a file I want to write is too large and
ignores it. The web site just says that dual layer writing is supported
and doesn't say that I need to do anything special and the man pages
are silent on this aspect.

If anyone has got this to work, I'd really like to know how it's done.

Note to self: always dry run before using expensive media. Aw well,
it's just the same cost as a pack of ten normal DVD+Rs.