HDD

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Sat Dec 17 02:49:45 PST 2005

+-le 14/12/2005 17:45 +0100, Alexandre DELAY écrivait :
| Don't you think that flash drives are also a good solution?
|
| I am sure that it will be the future replacement for hard drive disks.
| see http://www.memtech.com/ for example
|
| With no buffer and 1ms access delay you minimise write failures. It is an
| interresting solution.

Hum, flash has a *limited* ammount of possible write for each cell, for low
cost, it's between 10K-50K and for heavy duty, industrial grade, bla bla bla,
it's around 2M, so, hum, just imagine you have a solid state flash disk, and
your swap on it. One day, your box begins swapping hard, and some time later,
half of your drive can't be written to again...

--
Mathieu Arnold