HDD

Wolfram Huesken woh at vault-tec.de
Tue Dec 13 17:51:22 PST 2005

You could mount the filesystem as read-only and use a ramdisk for the
partitions that need write access
like /tmp or /var.
You also would prevent your CF-Card from damage because you cannot
perform unlimited io operations on that card.

I've already tested this with a kind of embedded appliance that acts as
a router.

 - Wolfram