irda devices support

soralx at cydem.org soralx at cydem.org
Fri Apr 15 23:30:23 PDT 2005

> 	I have used infra red between FreeBSD & my Nokia.
> 	It sometimes will & sometimes won't work, serial usually does
> 	work though not always: fail to init. lock up.
> 	(& it's not dirt, & its not device, might be hardware design,
> 	power levels, frequency drift, or sowtware version related,
> 	or serial protocol state table programming error.
> 	I have 2 Nokia 6110 phones to try & I think have used 2
> 	different laptops, & my brother under Win 95 also had same
> 	problems sometimes with one of those 6110's on on infra
> 	red)

You probably use one of those cheap "Made in China" RS232-to-TTL
cables? If so, you can safely store it in a garbage now, because
those cables seem to have high (16%-64%) packet loss, under any OS
(tested personally).
Also, AFAIK, you have to have Nokia's genuine cable to use all the
features of the phone, because all their newer phone have some kind
of ID detection mechanism that won't allow data mode on non-genuine
cables (shows "Accessory not supported").

Some more info should be here:
http://gate.intercaf.ru/~lesha/6100/

Timestamp: 0x4260AEEC
[SorAlx]  http://cydem.org.ua/