Project Evil - WLAN card using NDIS for Belkin F5D6020 ver 3

jyppy at internode.on.net jyppy at internode.on.net
Sat Sep 18 07:09:56 PDT 2004

Great work.

I have this card working with the Linux (ndiswrapper kernel
module) but
despite all my efforts I can not get this card (Belkin
F5D6020 ver 3) to use
the driver compiled using the same .inf and .sys files

The module compiles OK. Since the chipset on the card is a
RTL8180, I tried
compiling the mod with the belkin and RealTech drivers but
no luck

The card is picked up by the OS (FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE)

I noticed the ndis_driver_data.h has the PCI ID is the
inverse order:

#define NDIS_PCI_DEV_TABLE      \
        { 0x1799, 0x6020, 0xFFFFFFFF,   \
        "Belkin 11Mbps Wireless Notebook Network Card" },

#pciconf -lv
none2 at pci4:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x60201799
chip=0x60201799 rev=0x20
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Belkin Research and Development Labs'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet

Happy to assist resolving this one