Compression performance

Hall, Charles V Charles.Hall at Nav-International.com
Wed Sep 15 12:47:31 PDT 2004

I'm running 4.10 prod on an Intel P4 and I want to maximize compression
(i.e. /usr/bin/compress) performance--this seems to be my current
bottleneck.

What steps can I take to accomplish this?  (ZLIB, FPU support, anything
else?)

Thanks so much--any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

CHARLES HALL
Network Security Analyst

INTERNATIONAL TRUCK AND ENGINE CORPORATION
TRUCK GROUP

--------

4201 WINFIELD ROAD
P.O. BOX 1488
WARRENVILLE, IL  60555

T (630) 753-5653
F (630) 753-6710
Mailto:Charles.Hall at Nav-International.com
<mailto:Charles.Hall at Nav-International.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail and any attachments, as well as any documents from a file server of International Truck
and Engine Corporation or its affiliates, are intended for the addressee and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law.  Any dissemination,
distribution, or copying is prohibited.  If a confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement exists
between International and the recipient or the recipient's employer, this e-mail and any attachments
hereto, as well as any documents from a file server of International Truck and Engine Corporation or
its affiliates, this notice serves as marking as CONFIDENTIAL information of International Truck and
Engine Corporation or its affiliates.  If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the original sender.