motherboard has died, any recommend? nForce2? or else?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Sep 5 21:25:51 PDT 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:49:29 -0500, Vulpes Velox <v.velox at vvelox.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:05:41 -0500
> "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> I have the same chipest and result as your, but I have fixed few of
>> them.  I only took a look at SMBus, ata and sound so far. I almost
>> get SMBus  work, but not done yet and I am kind of waiting for
>> someone to respone in  -hackers. I don't know if your ata and sound
>> have the same IDs as mine,  but you can check two PRs of mine to get
>> idea to fix your if you are  insteresting.
>>
>> ata:	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/71321
>> sound:	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/71317
>
> Siily question, but what is up with  diff file for the ata? Does not
> work here when I add it. I get a error about the second chuck to it
> failing. I got it working, but had to go in and add it into both files
> manually.

You mean it failed to patch? On those diffs are patching against to
RELENG_5 branch. I didn't check my patch again, but it might be not match
with it anymore if someone recently update ata stuff in RELENG_5. It
should work fine if you patch it by hand, thought. Current I just pull the
ata-chipset.c,v 1.85 and ata-pci.h,v 1.33 from 6.0-CURRENT branch and put
(overwrite) them in my RELENG_5 source and build/install.

> Any ways much thanks. Having sound and ata133 on it is nice. :)

NP, good to see the sound works for you. It was hard for me to test,
because I am deaf. I had to bug my brother and sister by borrow their ears
when I ran my CD driver with their music CD. They was like 'err, why do
you need to get the sound fix?' and I told them that I just wanted to add
it in FreeBSD to have the more hardwares support. :-) Also, I want to see
my dmesg and pciconf look pretty. :-P

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team