ISA to PCMCIA ?

Aidan Saunders aidan.saunders at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 16:24:35 PDT 2004

I've got an old 486 box with only ISA slots.  I'm looking at getting
an ISA to PCMCIA card and using a wireless PCMCIA card to build a
wireless access point.

Does anyone have a ISA to PCMCIA card running under FreeBSD?  If so,
I'd love to hear what hardware you are using.  Otherwise, what are the
chances of this working?  I didn't find anything relevant in the
hardware compatibility guide.

Also, assuming ISA to PCMCIA works, a PCMCIA to USB card is of
interest.  Again, any experiences of such or views on the likelihood
of this working?

thanks
aidan