Looking for supported 32 or 64bit/66Mhz SATA Hardware RAID 5 Controller on 5.3-STABLE

Henrik Nymann Jensen hnj at unihost.net
Wed Nov 17 03:44:00 PST 2004

Mark Picone wrote:

> Hey,
>       I had to research this a few months ago, and i found that intel
> sata raid5 cards are the best
>       compared to the 3ware sata range in the way of stability and
> support on freebsd, duno about
>       Promise, but make sure the card has an XOR processor on it to
> take some load of the cpu, all
>       intel raid cards use the same driver which is handy.
>
>       -Mark
>

> Vulture wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>> I've seen some posts on this before with no results. The hardware
>> list doesn't
>> seem to show much on ata type controllers anymore. Hopefully somebody
>> can point
>> me in the direction of a good, decently priced controller.
>>
>> The Promise FastTrak S150 looks good, but is 5.3-STABLE going to get
>> close to
>> using it properly? I would love to get one of the 15 drive external
>> promise
>> SATA RAID to U320 enclosures - but the $15K price tag is a little much.
>>
>> I would use vinum, but SATA driver instability and PCI Bus
>> bottlenecks are
>> keeping my Maxtor 300GB 16MB 7200's from getting close to their
>> potential.
>>
>> Thanks -Jon

Sorry I'm using your post, but it´s very compared.

I´m looking for a sata raid controller, and I found this one
http://tinyurl.com/3kovo*
*It seems that Linux have support for it, anyone know if freebsd 5.3 have ?
I took a quick look at
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/hardware-i386.html#DISK . And there
isn´t listed anything about this card.

--