Motherboard AMD 2100+

David Gurvich david.gurvich at verizon.net
Mon May 17 14:27:33 PDT 2004

As  to the A7N266-vm, I am currently running it and would not recommend
it for more than 2D.  The integrated LAN works well, once setup
(moderately tiring), the integrated sound is acceptable if you use
external speakers, once setup (fairly difficult).  The graphics cause
various problems with kernels using the nVidia drivers, though not with
the nv driver.  Both are easy to setup.  However, the graphics drivers
are perfectly acceptable for watching DVD's with either driver.  If you
plan to do anythng requiring a large amount of fps, I would suggest you
look for a board with the nforce2 or nforce3 chipset.  This board also
has issues with more than one drive per ide.
One combo drive (cdrw/dvd), one HD, no need to play graphics intensive
games, then this is the board for you.  I've had to remove the optical
drive to get access to a 2nd HD at times.  If you want to put more than
1 HD on your system, along with an optical drive, and you want 3D
capabilities, this is not the board for you.