Video Capture Cards

Adrian Gonzalez adrianbsd at globalpc.net
Sat Mar 20 13:17:14 PST 2004

I have a couple of servers running FreeBSD with two or three bt8x8 based
cards each  and they work great.
The cards shouldn't be hard to find new.  A quick search found:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-100-103

While I don't own that particular card, it sure looks bt878-based, and $35
isn't that bad considering it's new and it has a tuner.

Depending on how many cameras you want to connect to it, you could use the
Video In, hack the input used for the Tuner to provide another video In,
and maybe plug in a third b/w camera to the Luma part of the s-video input
(works great btw).

I've noticed my cards in particular (848-based) take a few frames to
stabilize when switching between inputs, so keep that in mind if you want
to monitor them all in quick succesion.

If you're interested, drop me a line and I'll give you the URLs for these
cameras.

Hope this helps

-Adrian