V.35 for FreeBSD?

Joseph Noonan jfn at msc.com
Thu Mar 18 06:19:06 PST 2004

Brett Glass wrote:

> What V.35 card works best with FreeBSD? Once it's installed, how
> does one configure it properly to access a T1 line through an
> external DSU/CSU?

In the past for a T1 Frame Relay IP connection I used Emerging
Technlogies' card:

<http://www.etinc.com/index.php?page=pcisync.htm>

I used this roughly from FreeBSD 4.0 until about 4.5.  They were
pretty prompt about updating the drivers for new releases.  I only
stopped using it because I switched to cisco when I pulled two
T1's in started running BGP.

The card has a maximum of 4 ports on it -- I had the 2 port
version where I used one for my Internet T1, and the other for a
private DS0 to a branch office.

--

Joseph F. Noonan
Rigaku/MSC Inc.