Sound / SiS 7019 (?)

Frans Meijer bsdmail at ctc.nl
Thu Mar 4 02:54:55 PST 2004

Goodmorning,

We've got a neat little single-board Vortex86 computer that might be doing
something usefull for us, if we can get the onboard sound device to work.

It is a NASA-3047 based on a (I think) SiS 550 SoC. Drivers (source for
RH-linux) on it's CD seem to indicate the sound device is a SiS 7019.

In dmesg.boot it is seen as (at least i think that is the one)

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1039, dev=0x7019) at 1.4 irq 5

lspci reports it as:

00:01.4 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]: Unknown
device 7019
	Subsystem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]: Unknown device 7019
	I/O ports at dc00
	Memory at dfff8000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Is there a FreeBSD driver, 4.X or 5.X, for this device, are there plans for
such a driver or is there a way or trick to get this thing going?

Someone apparently tried to trick the 7018 driver into recognizing the 7019,
but that did not work:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2003/12/11/0001.html

Thanks,
Frans