Low Profile U320 RAID support

David Raistrick drais at atlasta.net
Wed Mar 3 13:50:00 PST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 up at 3.am wrote:

> The Adaptec 2200S would be ideal, but alas, there's no FreeBSD driver for
> it.

There isn't?!?!?

Mine works fine:

aac0: <Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S> mem 0xf8000000-0xfbffffff irq 16 at device
1.0 on pci3
aac0: i960RX 100MHz, 48MB cache memory, optional battery present
aac0: Kernel 4.0-0, Build 6003, S/N b8591a
aac0: Supported
Options=1f7e<CLUSTERS,WCACHE,DATA64,HOSTTIME,RAID50,WINDOW4GB,SO
FTERR,NORECOND,SGMAP64,ALARM,NONDASD>

Running on 4.9-R.

For reference for the aaccli management interface, (which is otherwise not
publicly documented, it seems), you can use the Dell docs for their
relabled version:

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/storage/57kgr/cli/en/index.htm

I use the linux aaccli, contained in adaptec-smbe-1.01.003-0.i386.rpm

I upgraded from a 2100s, as well.  Be warned that the aaccli management
tools are much /less/ intuitive then the dpt/raidutil.

The BIOS-GUI is more painful as well.  I haven't tried any of the other
management interfaces, though I did try the variety for the 2100s.

Good luck!

---
david raistrick
drais at atlasta.net		http://www.expita.com/nomime.html