Lilliput 7" touchscreen LCD

John Hay jhay at icomtek.csir.co.za
Tue Jun 29 13:19:38 PDT 2004

> > > People appear to be using a USB touchkit driver from eGalax, Inc:
> > >
> > > 	http://www.egalax.com.tw/Download.htm
> > >
> > > It is a usb device, so just wondering if anyone has anything written for
> > > this or could provide information where to find it.
>
> 	I REALLY want to get a usb driver written for this thing.  Too bad
> 	I know jack squat about the usb stack in FreeBSD.  I guess it's
> 	time to do some serious learning.

Ok, I have it mostly working. Not the the right click button thingy yet,
but the rest seems to be working on FreeBSD-current. You can get it from:

ftp://ftp2.za.freebsd.org/pub/local/

The files are:

README.bin		- describe how to use the binaries
touchkit-bin.tgz	- binaries for FreeBSD-current

README.src		- describe how to compile bits and pieces
touchkit-src.tgz	- the modified touchkit source tree
touchkit.diff		- a diff between the original and my code
uep.tgz			- the source for the usb driver

Note, I have tried to make everything in the touchkit compile, only the
pieces that I have needed. Also, I haven't cleaned things up too much yet.
I doubt if the usb driver will work as is on -stable, but it will probably
be pretty easy to make it work.

If someone wants to make rbutton.tcl work or write something like it, be
my guest. I have a few other things that are higher on my priority list
at the moment. :-)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org