[freebsd-amd64] Re: Possible 3ware 8506-12 SATA Controller issues...

mike mike at mike2k.com
Thu Jun 24 02:27:29 PDT 2004

I switched to debian-amd64 today. Better utils compatibility and poor
faith this will be resolved ASAP was the main decision.

It sounds like Paul will help out get the 8xxx series rolling, but I
wasn't sure if he'd have time or ability to make sure the 9xxx series ran.

I had a minor kernel tweak in linux 2.6.7 (newest kernel) but the 2.6
kernel driver sources worked fine. Much easier than trying to get the
FreeBSD ones to work under 5.2.1-RELEASE AMD64.

Even when I did get it to "compile" into the fbsd kernel, it seemed like
any time I wanted to do anything with it - newfs, try mounting, etc, it
would lock up.