(5.2.1) No mouse on Dell Inspiron 5150, XP and Linux ok.

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Wed Jun 23 08:38:43 PDT 2004

Hello Family,

I have a new Dell Inspiron 5150 and it's a company issue and I immediately took it and
triple booted it with Linux and FreeBSD-5.2.1 and the default XP.

I had to download the Nvidia drivers for both Linux and FreeBSD and the X displays are
GREAT except for one thing.

Linux has a mouse in X

FreeBSD has no mouse PERIOD. It is not detected in "sysinstall" and when I fire up X the
mouse cursor stays frozen in the middle of the screen.

I did notice that there was NO /dev/psm* and was wondering if there is any way of fixing
this.  The ridicule from the Linux folks at work is getting a bit old. :(

Thanks for any consideration in helping me with this.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076