Dell PowerEdge with Redundant Power Supplies

Craig Calef craig at anonymizer.com
Mon Jun 21 18:48:10 PDT 2004

Hi Everybody,
	I've recently bought a Dell PowerEdge 1750 server with redundant power
supplies.  This raises the question..  How do I detect when one of these
power supplies fails?  I've tried loading APM drivers, getting an SMBus
driver to load, and played around with the old IPMI stuff to no avail.
Has anybody ever gotten this working or could atleast find a direction
to point me in?  If I can just get the status from some program I can
take care of the rest of the "let me know about it" things myself.  I am
running FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT on this machine and just CVSup'd yesterday.

Thanks everybody,
Craig Calef.