Lilliput 7" touchscreen LCD

John Hay jhay at icomtek.csir.co.za
Fri Jun 11 18:28:26 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 05:53:15PM -0600, Nick Rogness wrote:

> Does anyone know if there exists a driver for the Lilliput 7" touchscreen
> LCD for FreeBSD?  Drivers exist for Linux, Mac, & Win.
>
> A link to the product:
>
> 	http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=33
>
> People appear to be using a USB touchkit driver from eGalax, Inc:
>
> 	http://www.egalax.com.tw/Download.htm
>
> It is a usb device, so just wondering if anyone has anything written for
> this or could provide information where to find it.

Interesting, I just bought one myself. :-) There is a NetBSD driver for
it, uep(4). I had a quick look at it and one "issue" I have with it, is
that they push the data into their wscons driver, so we will have to do
something else there. I did thought of making the data available to the
moused daemon, but I'm not sure if that is doable because mice normally
work in relative values, while the touch screen work with absolute
values.

I see that their Linux drivers ship with source, so maybe one can use
their X driver and make our kernel driver such that the two can work
together?

Anyway I'm open to ideas on how to proceed.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org