LSI MegaRaid ATA 133-2 install question

Chris Knight cknight at ghostwheel.com
Mon Jan 26 23:18:40 PST 2004

Greetings,

   I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.9 onto an ASUS P3B-F motherboard
with a pair of Western Digital 120G drives on a LSI MegaRaid ATA 133-2
controller.

   During the boot process I hit CTRL-M to enter the RAID configuration
menu and set up my two drives as mirrored, and I initialized the RAID.

   When I boot off the FreeBSD install CD, it finds both my hard drives,
individually.  I am able to install to the drives, but they do not
appear to be detected, or treated, as a RAID.

   Is the LSI MegaRaid ATA 133-2 a hardware raid controller, or is it
all in the included drivers and the BIOS util is only for saving a
config to the drives?  (Did I just over-pay for a IDE controller?)

   Is there anyway to get FreeBSD to recognize the LSI MegaRaid ATA
133-2 as a RAID controller?  Preferrably as a boot device?

   Any assistance appreciated.

-Chris