3ware confusion

Florian Munz newsletter at theflow.de
Thu Feb 26 03:47:34 PST 2004

Hi,

my new server has an 3ware 7006-2 Raid Controller and should become my
production server for webhosting.

I'm now a little bit confused which release of FreeBSD I should use.
It's a dual PIII so I'm tempted to use 5.2 and I thought for the
controller I also need 5.x because of the improved twe driver. But now
there is also the beta-driver from 3ware for 4.8 available, so that's
another possibilty. Do I need other tools like 3dm?

Can somebody recommend which release I should use (besides from 5.2 not
beeing STABLE yet)?

thanks in advance,

Florian