TDK DVD Burner

Dev Tugnait dev at unixdaemon.org
Wed Feb 25 14:59:59 PST 2004

Yes but the drive works i can mount normal cds and play dvds, just not dvd-r's and rw's. Upgrading to current is not ideal for me at the moment im running FreeBSD 5.2 Release.

* Marc Fonvieille (blackend at freebsd.org) wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 05:35:38AM -0500, Dev Tugnait wrote:
> > Yes I have those options in my kernel, and i am root.
> >
> > dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/cd0
> > /dev/cd0: unable to open: Device not configured
> >

> I assume you cannot mount a vanilla CD as well.
> It seems it could be either a devfs issue (check /etc/devfs.conf and man
> devfs(8)) or an ATAPI/CAM problem.  You should upgrade your system and
> redo the tests with a fresh -CURRENT.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Marc
---++---
pub  1024D/B9046473 2003-11-21 Dev Tugnait (Freebsd) <dev at unixdaemon.org>
     Key fingerprint = F690 6725 1930 6FBE C05A  FE4D 6CB1 34C1 B904 6473
sub  1024g/F8F019DF 2003-11-21