3Ware Escalade 5800 max drive size

Lawrence Farr freebsd-hw at epcdirect.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 14:32:05 PST 2004

I cant remember what the oldest cards I have are, I'm pretty sure they
are 5xx series ones, and I tested one of them with 300Gb drives the
other day. The newer ones work quite happily with big drives, which is
not a lot of help to you:

twe0: <3ware 7000 series Storage Controller. Driver version 1.50.00.000>
port 0xc000-0xc00f mem 0xfe000000-0xfe7fffff,0xfebf9c00-0xfebf9c0f irq 16 at
device 3.0 on pci0
twe0: 8 ports, Firmware FE7S 1.05.00.063, BIOS BE7X 1.08.00.048
twed0: <Unit 0, RAID5, Normal> on twe0
twed0: 1196857MB (2451163520 sectors)

Lawrence Farr
EPC Direct Limited