Do "Freebsd" and "HP StorageWorks DAT 40 Tape Drive" marry??

Guillermo Bautista gbautista at odmcomputers.com
Tue Feb 17 00:43:09 PST 2004

Hello again.

	I don't know it the list only has traffic a few days during the week,
anyway as I finally
found the specifications of this Tape drive, I would like to ask you about
it:

	I have a "HP StorageWorks DAT 40 Tape Drive" (Q1553A) in a Proliant ML 350
G3.
 My FreeBSD 5.1 doesn't recognize the tape, but I doubt if this occurs just
because I deactivated
in the BIOS the internal Ultra320 SCSI card or it's just because FreeBSD
doesn't support this tape.

	I am not as thumb as it seems (trust me! ;-) ), is  just the Proliant now
resides at a Data Center
which isn't "at hand" right now (it's at a Data Center too many kilometers
away from me).
I have no more options than going there to check the BIOS and/or recompile
the kernel or it wouldn't work
even doing so?

	Guillermo BT
	gbautista at odmcomputers.com