Looking for remote console access card that works with FreeBSD

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Feb 5 19:08:39 PST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Richard Coleman wrote:

> I know that AMI makes such cards (MegaRAC G2), but I don't know if they
> will work with FreeBSD.  I checked the hardware compatibility list on
> the web site, but there was no mention of such cards.

Yowch, $600??  Nifty card though ... from checking the web site, it
*looks* like it primarily acts as the equivalent as a video card, no?  In
fact, the photo on the web site seems to show a VGA connector on the card
too?  So unless you are looking at X, I can't see why it wouldn't work ...

But ... depending on how many servers you are using, have you looked into
the remote KVM-over-IPs you can pick up?  They seem to be alot cheaper,
but only if you are dealing with multi-servers remotely ...

----