Seeking rock-solid motherboard recommendations

Matt Staroscik matt at wrongcrowd.com
Wed Feb 4 12:17:21 PST 2004

For my new server, I got the ECS L7VTA. ECS is definitely a budget brand,
not a lot of features, but the board has been working great with my AXP
2400+, dc NIC, and 3ware RAID controller. It is a KT400 chipset board and
the onboard LAN is supported (vr). Onboard sound seems to work, though the
volume level is very low -- still trying to work this out. Not a big deal
as the server is in a closet. :)

Hmm, looks like it has been replaced by a newer version w/ AGP 8x and
other foofiness that my server didn't need anyway:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=243838

Good luck,
Matt